Re: New checklink for testing

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:05:52 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>, public-qa-dev@w3.org

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>After this is uploaded to CPAN, I will create also RPMs of it.  At that
>point, I'll revise the validator installation instructions and the RPM
>package, removing checklink from it to avoid conflicts.  What do you
>think, should we remove the old checklink from the validator CVS tree?

Yes. Having a tale copy in CVS is guaranteed to generate more confusion than
any other possible resolution. We can put huge pointers in the relevant places
to make sure people can find it.

- --
We've gotten to the point where a human-readable, human-editable text format
for structured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely
say  "As many threads on xml-dev have shown, text-based processing of XML is
hazardous at best"  and be perfectly valid in saying it.     -- Tom Bradford

Version: PGP SDK 3.0.3