Re: [check] open bug roundup

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:43:29 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:32, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> Le mar 23/03/2004 à 06:19, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> > Then there is the issue of "fussy parsing", for which which I am not
> > certain we have reached a decision. But if we decide either to trash
> > the idea altogether or to make it non-default, I do not think it should
> > be very long to make the changes.
>
> I think making it non-default, with a call for feedback on the results
> page when it is used by the requester would be a good first compromise.

+1.  Then there's the issue how to mark docs that produce
errors/warnings in fussy mode.  If I've understood correctly, some
documents may be currently marked "not valid" even though technically
they are valid, and the reported issues are due to fussiness only.  If
this is correct, perhaps add an explanation and never say "not valid" in
fussy mode?  Apologies if this is already taken care of, I haven't
checked for a while.

> > Given all of the above, I would like to go around the table for your
> > opinion on pushing the 0.6.5beta2 (as it is in its current state)
> > forward, even to a release state:
>
> I'm all for releasing a new beta, with a short deadline before going to
> production.

Seconded.