libcroco wishes #1

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:31:20 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

I'd be looking to use the SAC API, so that's the primary focus of
my thoughts here.

* Robust parsing - should be capable of recovering - or trying to recover -
  after fatal error.
  The simplest regime for this would be on a fatal error to emit an
  error message, find the next "}", emit a message "skipping to line/char"
  and try to resume parsing after it.  But maybe we can do better.

* Messages should identify where they come from (file/line/col).
  This applies both to normal events and errors.

* Robust recovery from lesser errors
  e.g. if a value field is malformed, remaining rules in the ruleset
  should still be parsed.

* fragment parsing - e.g. for inlined styles

and one that could be implemented at a higher level:

* Parsing of property values to an O-O representation
  e.g. a box has position, size and colour attributes.
  colour has RGB, hex and (sometimes) tokenised representations.

--
Nick Kew