Re: rewrite/pass-auth hack on qa-dev not working

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 00:46, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2004, at 06:00, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > I cannot get the mod_rewrite/pass-auth hack to work on qa-dev.  The
> > config is in /etc/apache2/conf.d/wmvs.conf, but whatever RewriteRule's
> > for the various check scripts I add there seem to be completely
> > ignored.
>
> Semi-random guesses: have you tried moving the rewrite directives
> within the <Directory> for /wmvs?

Nope, but the hack isn't in <Directory> in my local setup either... will
try tomorrow but I guess this is not the culprit.

>  Also I think I remember that for
> apache 1.3 the pass-auth hack only worked with specifically compiled
> apache - is it the same for apache2?

I don't know about Apache 2, but in case you're referring to the
SECURITY_HOLE_PASS_AUTHORIZATION compilation option, httpd's built with
that will just pass the authorization info to CGI's, no further config
or rewrite hacks are needed.

> > v.w.o:8001 could possibly be used too
>
> Waiting today for a potential solution... I can/will cvs up :8001 if
> necessary then.

TIA.