Re: distribute checklink after this beta?

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:16:11 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 20:43, Terje Bless wrote:

> olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:
>
> >Thoughs welcome on the matter.
>
> «Whatever Ville think best» is the sum of my thoughts on this matter. :-)

Well, I had the impression that the packaging separation would happen
after this release, but now I am comfortably leaning towards making it
happen already for this version :)

So, a TODO list follows:

CPAN distribution name:  Currently the perl packages inside the script
are W3C::UserAgent and W3C::CheckLink::*, but I think W3C-LinkChecker
would be good so it is similar to W3C::Validator (which doesn't exist
yet :) and W3C::LogValidator.  checklink is IMO fine as the script name,
but perhaps change to W3C::LinkChecker::* hierarchy when modularizing
(for the link checker specific parts).

CPAN distribution dir:  I am fine with using my CPAN dir (account SCOP)
or something else.

When agreed on the CPAN distribution name and location, CPAN namespace
registration.  If you agree on W3C-LinkChecker and my account, just let
me know and I can take care of the "paper"work.

CVS organization:  a CPAN-like distribution layout would be good.
Should there be a new top-level directory on dev.w3.org, or a subdir
under eg perl/modules/W3C/LinkChecker/ for consistency with
LogValidator?

Other stuff which I'll take care of: $VERSION when/if moving the script
to a new location under CVS, documentation updates.