Re: [checklink] HTTP basic authentication

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 25 Jan 2003 15:20:04 +0100
To: Ville Skyttš <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Le sam 25/01/2003 ŗ 15:15, Ville Skyttš a ťcrit :
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 09:31, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:
> > One possible solution would be to go
> > the way you say, but add a GET parameter to specify W3C as a trusted
> > domain (or specify a regexp as a trusted domain, but that looks more
> > dangerous to me). We would use this parameter in the comma tools
> > version.
>
> Sounds somewhat hackish to me.  Would it be possible to set up another
> instance of checklink for W3C internal use that would use the current
> default of ".w3.org"?

What about making the trusted domain a configuration option? That way,
people could set it to what would fit their need on their local setup,
and we at W3C would set it for W3C?
I'd really dislike having a tool running on a W3C site not adapted to
W3C needs...

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org