Re: Accounts on qa-dev / status of contributors

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:07:53 +0200
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
cc: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>

Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>I'll create everyone(on this list)'s account on monday (2002-10-28).
>Nick, I need your ssh (v1) public key to create your account.

I'll note again that SSH Protocol Version 1 has known weaknesses --
practical attacks as well as theoretical, IIRC -- and should be avoided
where possible. Since SSH Protocol Version 2.0 clients are available for
all relevant platforms, it should IMO be the default unless some particular
reason (such as developers with legacy hardware/OS) exists for also
supporting the older version.

(
  And if Cisco supports SSH v2 in IOS 12.3 I claim credit for it as
  I've been nagging on them about this for ages too! :-)
)

--
Interviewer: "In what language do you write your algorithms?"
    Abigail: English.