Re: Bug Fixes Management

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 15:47, Terje Bless wrote:

> Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to fill a page with each time a bug has been filed by
> >someone on the list.
>
> Possible? Yes. But...
>
> If we're to have this -- and I do think it would be a very very good idea
> -- the two options I see are:
>
>     1) a W3C general but public Bugzilla, or...
>     b) a Validator-specific Bugzilla.

Perhaps the new dev box [when it's up] could run Bugzilla?

More on bug fixes *during* the beta test, should bugs be fixed "on the
fly" or should the code be left alone during this period?  And where to
commit, HEAD or to a branch/tag?

Anyway, here's a couple of bugs I spotted:

header.html has:
  <link rev="made" href="mailto:gerald@w3.org" />
...perhaps that should be changed to be consistent with the footer.

There are various checks in the code like:
  if ($File->{Type} eq 'xml')
...which should be using the &is_xml and friends functions.  Eg. the
namespace for an X(HT)ML document won't be displayed because of this in
the results.

The namespace table rows need a colspan="2" tweak.  That'll be a bug
only when the above one is fixed, though :)

/feedback.html, the "Usenet newsgroup" bit needs tuning; only the group
name should be linked, and in monospace.

I have patches on hold for these, but I'll wait for the info whether any
validator fixes should be committed during the test, and if, where.

I'm also about to start working with checklink, clearing the patch/bug
queue I've received from Hugo.  He already committed one today to HEAD,
so I guess I'll continue there as validator and checklink aren't really
bound to each other yet.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi