Re: [check] current checkout always says 'not valid'

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 09 Oct 2002 22:39:40 +0300
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 11:47, Martin Duerst wrote:

> However, on documents that are supposed to be valid, I get
> a message saying
>     This Page Is NOT Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
> without any single warning or error message.

Make sure that you're running Liam Quinn's lq-nsgmls (from
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/src/lq-sp-1.3.4.9.tar.gz>),
it's required nowadays for some additional security fixes, I guess.

Alternatively, you can use the normal nsgmls, just remove '-R' from its
options (look for @xmlflags) in the validator source.

Hmm, perhaps the possible "-R" should be part of the "SGML Parser"
config var in validator.conf instead of being hardcoded in the script...

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi