tagging messages / subject (Was : validator/httpd/cgi-bin check)

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:21:35 +0900
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>

Hi,

Reading the thread(s) about the latest cvs commits, I was thinking it
would be much better if people answering cvs commit messages on this
list could amend the subject to say what actually the message is about
(or we could have made the validator-cvs list archived and not created
this list...)

On a general basis I'd also suggest that we tag messages specific to
one of the tools in the subject, e.g
[HTMLvalidator] Why did you split this subroutine?

I don't really care whether the tags are consistent (to me, [HTML] and
[check] and [HTMLvalidator] would mean the same thing), I just would
like to make archives readable and easy to search...

Thanks.
--
Olivier