Re: [ANN] New generation of the "Markup Validator" released

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:44:53 +0100
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>-===================================================================-
>-         New generation of the "Markup Validator" released         -
>-===================================================================-

Well, just past the 36 hour mark and nobody is screaming bloody murder yet.
Must mean we're in reasonably good shape. :-)

In what may be hopeless optimism, I've switched :8001 over to
validator-0_6_0-branch which allready has fixes for most of the issues
reported so far. In particular, it has Ville's fix for the URI escaping as
well as the new code that lets you request "Verbose" validation results.

Depending on whether the feedback on w-v stays civil -- :-) -- we may even
be able to release the 0.6.1 maintenance update this weekend (give or take
a few days; it's a holliday in certain parts of the world, non?).

Of course, there still may be screaming over the new strict behaviour in re
doctypes and charsets when people start to notice. :-)