Re: [check] :8001 updated, 0.6.1 in progress...

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 02:06, Terje Bless wrote:

> Mainly I'd like to see RPMs of the Validator and of OpenSP before release,
> but depending on how soon that can happen we could just release Validator
> and add links to the RPMs as they become available.

I have a set of RPMs of Validator 0.6.0 and OpenSP 1.5 for Red Hat 8, as
well as all their requirements that are not available in RH8 at
<http://cachalot.ods.org/>.  I think they're in pretty good shape,
though there are a couple of tiny changes in 0.6.1 that affect the
validator RPM.  Anyway, I'd appreciate if people could test them
somewhat before release.

Also, I don't know what's the optimal way of distributing the RPMs,
since they're not limited to just validator.  Here's the list of
packages one has to grab from my site to get a working validator:

docbook-dtds (needed by new opensp/jade)
openjade (needed by new opensp, IIRC there will be 1.3.2 final today)
opensp
perl-CGI
perl-Config-General
perl-Set-IntSpan
perl-Text-Iconv
w3c-validator
w3c-validator-libs

I'm fine with just linking to my site for RPM downloads for now, or
moving them somewhere else, provided that "somewhere else" hosts a
apt-rpm interface to the files (I can work on that, it doesn't require
anything special from the server side, I can generate the indexes
locally and upload 'em).

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi