Re: Testing MathML spec on https://labs.w3.org/pubrules

Hi David,

We are working on giving a better feedback to the editors. Sorry for
that. I'll try to give you some details about each error you encountered
and point you to the related code.

On 04/01/2015 11:17 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

> * headers.errata says errata not found
> There is a link to the errata just below the authors in the frontmatter.

Pubrules is looking for a specific sentence
"Please check the errata for any errors or issues reported since
publication."
and a href on "errata".

https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/headers/errata.js

> * headers.dl says Latest Version missing
> as previously agreed, the spec has two latest version links
>
> Latest MathML 3 version:
> Latest MathML Recommendation:

This is an exception. Pubrules is actually looking for the text "Latest
Version":
https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/headers/dl.js

We aren't sure yet how to handle these exceptions because it's really on
a specification basis.

> * headers.translations says we should use
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=MathML3
> rather than
> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Query?titleMatch=MathML3
> (I can change it if that information is correct, just asking:-)

That's just a warning because you are not using the recommended text but
it won't be a problem for echidna. It will not pass echidna if there's
an error. Warnings are fine.

<https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/headers/translations.js>

> * sotd.mailing-list says no mailing list link
> the SOTD has a mailto: link and links to the www-math list archives and
> to the list subscription page?

Pubrules is looking for a text content matching the mailing list like:

It seems like a bug as there are no requirements for that. I've created
an issue and we'll work on it.
https://github.com/w3c/specberus/issues/174

> * sotd.processDocument
> This is I think a new requirement, can add.

It is indeed a new requirement following the publication of the new
process document.

https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/sotd/process.js

Note, the old pubrules has also been updated to check that process document.

Hope that helps and thank you for your feedback. Do let us know if you
have other questions.

Regards,

Denis