Re: W3C [PBG] Agenda for 20191015/16 call - US/Asian time

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:27 AM McCloy-Kelley, Liisa <
lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com> wrote:

> *Agenda*
>
> ·
> o    EPUB 3 REC Track:
>
> §  Do you think it is necessary?
>
> §  Pros and cons document from discussion last winter:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CyIqihtjjzT7Abbcq9sSqLNqLGKs2cuXdg4DcFulGY/edit#gid=0
>
> §  Consider this for the call next month

Is the plan to actually have the discussion on REC track, or to discuss if
we should have such a discussion next month?

I think it would be useful to discuss what business needs are not currently
being met by EPUB 3.2. Liisa, a few weeks ago you mentioned a list of books
you couldn't publish as EPUB. I'd love to see that.

We've already had lots of discussion of REC track without making a lot of
progress. Before continuing, I think we should let the EPUB 3 CG finish
work on their road map, with input from the PBG on unmet business needs as
I mentioned above. It's hard to talk about REC track without knowing what
exactly we might want to put on REC track.

Thanks,

Dave