From: Garth Conboy [mailto:garth@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:15 AM
To: Brian O'Leary <brian@bisg.org>
Cc: W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: draft overview - EPUB Test Grid options

Thank you Brian -- excellent analysis.

Good framing for discussion at (hopefully) the next Publishing BG meeting.

Best,
   Garth

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Brian O'Leary <brian@bisg.org <mailto:brian@bisg.org> > wrote:
First, my apologies for missing last week's meeting, which included an update from me on the EPUB Test Grid. I didn't read the agenda until after the meeting took place, and I didn't realize until then that I was on it.

I've pulled together a summary of options, history, current practice and potential next steps. It includes a note at the outset to explain that the overview is prepared using a BISG perspective. Other organizations and participants may offer alternate views.

I've attached a Word document and a PDF to this e-mail, and I've set up a Google Drive folder with the same documents plus a Google Doc version of the text in the Word document. You can access that folder here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8EWmt03NpH_MGhTUWo3c2RRdlE?usp=sharing

The link is set to support editing by anyone who has access.

If Rick agrees, we can return this topic to the agenda for June 6. I can provide an overview of the document and its content (short, assuming that everyone will have taken a look before the call) and then we can have a discussion about the options and next steps.

Let me know if you have any questions you'd like to make sure we address on Tuesday.

--
Brian F. O'Leary
Executive Director, Book Industry Study Group

(646) 336-7141 <tel:(646)%20336-7141>