RE: Web Publications via HTML Imports

+1
/George

From: eb2mmrt@gmail.com [mailto:eb2mmrt@gmail.com] On Behalf Of MURATA Makoto
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 5:28 PM
To: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Web Publications via HTML Imports

+1

See "Making Resilient Web Design work offline", available at

https://adactio.com/journal/11730

Regards,
Makoto

On 3 Aug 2017, at 10:00, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com <mailto:dauwhe@gmail.com> > wrote:

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Romain <rdeltour@gmail.com <mailto:rdeltour@gmail.com> > wrote:
And Resilient Web Design (implemented as a PWA, offlinable, with an app manifest):

  https://resilientwebdesign.com/

I've been looking at this book, and liking what I see.
(...)
This seems to be the state of the art for a book on the web today. But there are still things I hope for:

A. It's hard to personalize, as browsers typically offer fewer easy ways to change  font, font size, etc. than do EPUB reading systems.

B. Page search in the browser only searches the current chapter rather than the whole publication.

C. Aside from the back-forward cache, browsers don't remember a user's location in the book

D. Browsers don't take advantage of all that good link/@rel information

Still, this looks like a great starting point!

+1 :)

If others want to look at the code, it is on GitHub:
  https://github.com/adactio/resilientwebdesign

and btw, note that Jiminy Panoz made an EPUB out of it:
  https://github.com/JayPanoz/resilientwebdesign/tree/master/eBook

Romain.

Makoto