Re: Web Publications via HTML Imports

> and btw, note that Jiminy Panoz made an EPUB out of it:

Yeah, about that, for the record:
https://twitter.com/adactio/status/809901219435204612

>From experience, it has been a regular complaint from web devs and
designers giving EPUB a try - and they are tech people. So FWIW having
something you can easily package and vice-versa (without different
things to create/manage for each) is probably key to usage, as far as
they are concerned.

Best,

Jiminy

Le 24.11.2017 23:37, George Kerscher a écrit :

> +1
>
> /George
>
> FROM: eb2mmrt@gmail.com [mailto:eb2mmrt@gmail.com] ON BEHALF OF MURATA Makoto
> SENT: Thursday, November 23, 2017 5:28 PM
> TO: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
> SUBJECT: Re: Web Publications via HTML Imports
>
> +1
>
> See "Making Resilient Web Design work offline", available at
>
> https://adactio.com/journal/11730
>
> Regards,
>
> Makoto

> On 3 Aug 2017, at 10:00, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Romain <rdeltour@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And Resilient Web Design (implemented as a PWA, offlinable, with an app manifest):
>
> https://resilientwebdesign.com/
>
> I've been looking at this book, and liking what I see.
>
> (...)
>
> This seems to be the state of the art for a book on the web today. But there are still things I hope for:
>
> A. It's hard to personalize, as browsers typically offer fewer easy ways to change  font, font size, etc. than do EPUB reading systems.
>
> B. Page search in the browser only searches the current chapter rather than the whole publication.
>
> C. Aside from the back-forward cache, browsers don't remember a user's location in the book
>
> D. Browsers don't take advantage of all that good link/@rel information
>
> Still, this looks like a great starting point!

+1 :)

If others want to look at the code, it is on GitHub:

  https://github.com/adactio/resilientwebdesign

and btw, note that Jiminy Panoz made an EPUB out of it:

  https://github.com/JayPanoz/resilientwebdesign/tree/master/eBook

Romain.

Makoto