Von: Garth Conboy [mailto:garth@google.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017 19:00
An: Hadrien Gardeur
Cc: Baldur Bjarnason; Laurent Le Meur; public-publ-wg@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Can a publication change over time?

Indeed, that may be desirable.

But, our mission is to bring publishing to the Web.  It's pretty fundamental to (traditional) publishing to write or cobble together a set of "resources" and have said publication not change (or at least know if it changes) over time.  We may end up not being able to find a viable complete equivalent on the Web, but lets not run away too soon, as there are clearly technologies that could possibly be applied.

Best,
   Garth

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com<mailto:hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>> wrote:
> If you start messing around with immutability, update mechanisms, and resource versioning, you get pretty deep into dark corners of the HTTP ecosystem pretty quickly.

+1, which is why I'd like to avoid such requirements