Re: addressable identifier?

Imho the identifier of a WP is not required to be addressable. Any global identification scheme could be use in fact (e.g doi). But Urls are easy to mint and avoid centralization issues; they are the de facto identification scheme on the web. As the manifest is the only resource specific to a WP, its address is a logical choice.
Pls refrain using other arguments like "it's not what users want to share" : users will share the "start" URL which will be different.

Cordialement, Laurent