presentable using OWP technologies?

From: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 11:27:37 -0400
To: "'W3C Publishing Working Group'" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Apologies for another definition question, but...

What does it mean that a web publication can be presented using open web
platform technologies? OWP technologies don't actually do the presenting,
browsers do. (Or what is the definition of OWP being used?)

If we mean primary resources must be constructed using OWP technologies,
that excludes image and multimedia formats, and technically even HTML4 or
XHTML 1.1. I didn't get the impression that's what people wanted when we
discussed the primary resources definition.

The only answer I have so far is that it needs to say "is presentable using
Web browsing technologies", but I wanted to check if that makes sense to
people before revising?

Matt