Re: PROV-ISSUE-501: Data Model Section 2.1.1, example [prov-dm]

From: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:50:08 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Dear all,

I have drafted a response to this issue, which you can find on the wiki at

I copy it below for your convenience.
Comments? feedback?

      ISSUE-501 (DrivingACarToBoston)

    * Original email:
    * Tracker: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/501
    * Group Response:
          o As the author suggests, "driving a car to boston" is an
            example, and therefore, needed to be put in a box.
          o It now appears as example 5, following examples 4 and 3
            containing examples of usage and generation of digital entities.
          o The author's comment confirms it is important to include
            this example in this document. Indeed, the users states that
            "most people would consider a single entity (not two or
            more)", whereas prov modelling requires the "car at various
            locations" to be seen as different entities.
          o In general, we have been careful to limit the number of
            examples involving physical entities, however, including a
            few is important to demonstrate the generality of the model.