PROV-ISSUE-210 (TLebo): 7.1 PROV-DM Interpretation diagram and interpretation definitions disorderly

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:19:29 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-210 (TLebo): 7.1 PROV-DM Interpretation diagram and interpretation definitions disorderly

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/210

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product:

The diagram at [1] illustrates subfigures a-h

Below the figure, the definition of the illustrations are listed.

For example, subfigure a "start-precedes-end" is followed by definition of "starts-precedes-end"

Two readability (not content) issues:

ISSUE A:

Following the pattern above, I would expect the second definition after the diagram to be "generation-precedes-usage", but it is missing.

ISSUE B:

It is not clear, without in-depth reading, whether a definition is described in the narrative _above_ or _below_ the definition itself. This is compounded by ISSUE A above, where some definitions are missing. I suggest to begin the narrative describing the definition by referencing either the subfigure or the definition, e.g., "As in subfigure a, the following definition start-precedes-end ..."

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Tim

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/ProvenanceModel.html#interpretation