Re: Towards PROV-O Accounts

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:33:58 -0500
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 08:34 +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:

> (It's kind of dated now; I use the term "formulae", from Notation3, to
> mean
> roughly what we mean by named graphs.)

And please note that the term "named graph" is deeply ambiguous, having
completely different meanings (like night and day, or more like "night"
and "gray") between the original paper than introduced the term and
current SPARQL usage, and neither one is actually the intuitive meaning
that an RDF graph is given a globally unambiguous URI name.   I avoid
the term like the plague.

(I'm trying to swap in this prov-o work, as much as I can, but haven't
gotten very far yet.)

    -- Sandro