W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-prov-wg@w3.org > February 2012

Re: Making PROV-O OWL-RL compliant

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:27:59 -0500
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <265D9A41-113B-4792-A05A-0DD794601CF4@rpi.edu>
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Thanks for the code and tidbit about RL compliance.

I hope we can settle ISSUE-265 soon.

-Tim



On Feb 21, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> Hi, I could not find any good OWL RL testers, but OWL-API has a way to
> check the profiles - so I wrote a tiny code snippet to check from the
> command line [1]
> 
> 
> Running it on the OWL gave me:
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: owl:Thing
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#TimeInstant> owl:Thing) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: owl:Thing
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Note> owl:Thing) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#activity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Activity>)
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Start> ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#activity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Activity>)) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: owl:Thing
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Location> owl:Thing) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#hadTemporalExtent>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#TimeInstant>)
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Involvement>
> ObjectMinCardinality(0 <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#hadTemporalExtent>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#TimeInstant>)) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: owl:Thing
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Bundle> owl:Thing) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#entity> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Agent>)
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Start> ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#entity> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Agent>))
> in <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-equivalent class expression in position that requires an
> equivalent class expression:
> ObjectSomeValuesFrom(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#entity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Entity>)
> [EquivalentClasses(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#EntityInvolvement>
> ObjectSomeValuesFrom(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#entity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Entity>) ) in <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-equivalent class expression in position that requires an
> equivalent class expression:
> ObjectSomeValuesFrom(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#activity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Activity>)
> [EquivalentClasses(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#ActivityInvolvement>
> ObjectSomeValuesFrom(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#activity>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Activity>) ) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> Use of non-superclass expression in position that requires a
> superclass expression: ObjectMinCardinality(0
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#hadSpatialExtent>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Location>)
> [SubClassOf(<http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Involvement>
> ObjectMinCardinality(0 <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#hadSpatialExtent>
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#Location>)) in
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#>]
> 
> 
> 
> I removed now the min-cardinailty and some/all constraints, and
> subclassing of owl:Thing - and we now have RL compliant ontology.
> 
> 
> 
> [1] https://gist.github.com/1876732
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
> School of Computer Science
> The University of Manchester
> 
> 
Received on Friday, 24 February 2012 06:31:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 13:06:56 GMT