Re: Tim's approach on Involvement

it seems Protege 4.0 is trying to parse the ontology as OWL 1.1 (a
never released precursor to OWL 2.0) - and therefore is looking for
owl:subject etc. inside owl axioms. In OWL 2 these are
owl:annotatedSource etc.

Protege 4.1 and later are fully OWL 2.0 compatible (and can translate
the old forms).

I've disabled the axiom on wasEndedBy that caused this issue - it was
this piece:

    <owl:Axiom>
        <rdfs:comment>TODO justify</rdfs:comment>
        <owl:annotatedProperty rdf:resource="&rdfs;subPropertyOf"/>
        <owl:annotatedTarget
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#wasAssociatedWith"/>
        <owl:annotatedSource
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#wasEndedBy"/>
    </owl:Axiom>

.. but as Protege 4.0 could insert non-valid OWL statements I
recommend to not use it. :-)