PROV-ISSUE-239 (TLebo): is wasGeneratedBy(e) meaningful? [prov-dm]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:19:01 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-239 (TLebo): is wasGeneratedBy(e) meaningful? [prov-dm]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/239

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: prov-dm

Everything but entity is OPTIONAL in wasGeneratedBy.

If I say only wasGeneratedBy(e), what did I say? And why was I allowed to say it?

from WD3:

A generation record, written wasGeneratedBy(id,e,a,t,attrs) in PROV-ASN, has the following components:

    id: an optional identifier id identifying the generation record;
    entity: an identifier e identifying an entity record that represents the entity that is created;
    activity: an optional identifier a identifying an activity record that represents the activity that creates the entity;