Update Connection TF

From: Kai Eckert <kai@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:32:39 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org, Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>
Hi Eric and all,

I would like to give a short update regarding the Connection TF after
our F2F meeting last week. As proposed in the telco of Oct 20th, 2011
[1], we would organize special telcos with member of connection groups,
like Creative Commons, to discuss our PROV model and work towards
best-practice recommendations for these groups.

However, as our model is still subject to change, we will not approach
these external groups before we consider the model and the draft
documents stable enough to allow a proper discussion and collaboration
with these groups.

Instead, we will first start with best-practice recommendations and
outreach towards groups where we are directly connected via WG members,
namely first and foremost Dublin Core (via me). I took the
responsibility to launch a preliminary mapping between Dublin Core and PROV.

The connection TF is on hold, until the WG declares the PROV model and
the documents as ready, then we will continue with the outreach activities.

Cheers,

Kai

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2011-10-20
--