PROV-ISSUE-359 (provenance query service URI): Avoid the term "provenance query service URI" [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:34:01 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-359 (provenance query service URI): Avoid the term "provenance query service URI" [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/359

Raised by: Olaf Hartig
On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance

Sec.5 says: "An application will need a provenance query service URI, and ..."

The term "provenance query service URI" has not been introduced. I assume we don't want to introduce it either (given that the section about provenance query services is merely an add-on).

To avoid confusion I propose to rephrase the sentence as follows: "An application will need a URI for the provenance query service, and ..."