Re: PROV-ISSUE-222 (used-objectproperty): Datatype property for used? [Ontology]

On Apr 17, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Paul Groth wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> We actually ended up using the version in github for our files. I was
> just thinking there needs to be a way to put other string describing
> the entity... in this case a file.

Describing, naming, or identifying?

> We use rdfs:label.

Which is what I would use for a name.

> But I wondered
> if we should suggest some best practice here. In particular, this was
> a problem in the provenance challenge where no one new where to look
> for names and such.

I would recommend as best practice to use rdfs:label for a name, dc:identifier for an identifier, and dc:description for a description.

I would not recommend using prov:value to mean a name.

Also, unless I am missing something in the example, it does not currently use prov:value, nor do I see where prov:value as a name would logically be used.

--Stephan