Re: Primer WD2 ready for review

On 04/01/2012 02:35 PM, Miles, Simon wrote:
> The primer is ready for review by the WG, ahead of the next release.
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/primer/Primer.html

It reads very nicely.

A few minor notes appended.

The examples section 3 really needs a diagram.  I also think showing
the examples in PROV-N would be easier to read than PROV-O.  I really
like the idea of including both PROV-O and PROV-N inline with
hide/show buttons rather than in the appendix.

>In constrast to the DM and PROV-O, the primer talks about "roles"
>rather than "qualified involvement" in general.

Roles is better for the primer.

>Do you think the document is accessible to all the major communities
>who would want to adopt PROV or, if not, where are the deficiencies?

Yes.

>Can the document be released as a next public working draft? If no,
>what are the blocking issues?

Yes.

Curt

1. Introduction
---------------

Worked examples that can be followed...

    Remove "worked":

    Examples that can be followed...

3.6 Derivation and Revision

...using the same compilation activity as before.

   The 'same' activity is jarring given our definition of activity.  It
   is a different activity.

   perhaps just

   ...using another compilation activity.