Re: proposal: drop 'formal model' terminology

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:29, Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> 1. Given this confusion, Paul and I would like to propose that we drop the
> terminology 'Formal Model'.
>   Can you express your support or disagreement for this proposal?

+1

 (specially as currently the conceptual model seems like the most formal model!)

> 2. Assuming we adopt the proposal, what should the document title become, we
> leave it to authors/editors to decide.

>   To get the ball rolling: 'semantic web representation/model/serialization
> of provenance'

A bit long!  Can be shortened to "PROV-SW" to somewhat match "PROV-DM".

"PROV Ontology" is my suggestion - or PROV-O for short.   (provocation..?)

(Serialisation recommendations like "At least provide RDF/XML, always
explicitly assert any PROV class/property" might fight better in PAQ)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science