Re: PROV-ISSUE-89 (what-entity-attributes): How do we find the attributes of an entity? [Formal Model]

From: Khalid Belhajjame <Khalid.Belhajjame@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:49:17 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

Hi,

I am resending the email I sent previously and which seems to get lost.

To cater for the requirement raised by Luc, we can add explicitly a new
class, e.g. "CharacterizingAttributes" that is connected to the class
"Entity" by an object property "characterizedBy" as follows:

prov:Entity a owl:Class ;
prov:CharacterizingAttributes a owl:Class ;

prov:characetrizedBy
     a rdf:Property ;
     rdfs:domain prov:Entity .
     rdfs:range prov:CharacterizingAttributes .

The attributes that are used to characterize the entity can then be
attached to the resource of type "CharacterizingAttributes" using data
property or even object properies, if they are complex attributes.
Other attributes that are associated to the entity and are not part of
the characterization can be associated directly to the resource of type
Entity.

Khalid