PROV-ISSUE-91 (what-to-define-for-location): what should we define under the heading 'location' [Conceptual Model]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:47:28 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-91 (what-to-define-for-location): what should we define under the heading 'location' [Conceptual Model]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/91

Raised by: Luc Moreau
On product: Conceptual Model

We have received little input and there has been barely any discussion on location.
The current text is essentially copied from the wiki and is not aligned with the rest of the model.

So, can entities have location?  If so, should location appear as an attribute of an entity?
So, should PIDM define some core attributes? or should this be left to a generic profile?

What about process executions? PIDM does not have "attribute" for PEs. So, do we need to define a relation hasLocation?

Is location unique for an entity/pe?

Can people who have interest in location for provenance provide us with some guidance, so that we can write something sensible for the FPWD.