Definition of Entity

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:04:10 +0100
To: W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Luc,

I'm picking up a small matter here to illustrate things I've said previously.

I notice in ISSUE 89 you say:

"The conceptual model defines an entity in terms of an identifier and a list of
attribute-value pairs. It is indeed crucial for the asserter to identify the
attributes that have been frozen in a given entity."

But when I look at
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/ProvenanceModel.html#concept-Entity,
this is not what I see.  What I do see is a description of an "Entity assertion"
that contains a list of attribute pairs, which to my reading is not the same
thing at all.

This is a part of the problem I have when I say the model document is difficult
to understand.

(I'm not raising this as an issue, as I've already raised a different issue to
say I think that an Entity doesn't need to be so complicated.)

#g