Re: PROV-ISSUE-90 (namespace-in-ontology): Namespace used in ontology [Formal Model]

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:21:13 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:51, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Recommended by Ivan. I suggest you follow the same approach /ns/prov-o

ok, will do.. with the trailing / of course. Note [1] on why its
important to get this right early.

Satya - OK if I do a big search-replace? Or shall we wait for the
formal vote on the PROV-O tomorrow?

What name should we use for the document itself, WD-prov-o ?

Luc - you have gone for WD-prov-dm, right? I guess it would be good
for these to match the namespaces, as hinted by
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri - perhaps WD-prov will be a
document linking to prov-dm, prov-o, prov-aq (?), prov-primer etc.

So my suggested changes for the ontology:

https?://[a-z0-9/_.-]*/ProvenanceOntology.owl# ->  http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-o/
https?://[a-z0-9/_.-]*/crime.owl# ->  http://www.example.com/crime#

for instance:

(oh my, what a mess! ;-)