Re: PROV-ISSUE-4: Defining Agent using FOAF's definition

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:14, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:
> Your comment raises a question of scope...
(..)
> What you raise, I think, is a use of provenance as part of establishing
> blame rather than trust.  I think this is a separate issue that (for the
> time being at least) we should not dig into.

Agreed. :-)  Although it would also be part of establishing trust to
also see what was NOT done (eg. "Sterilize the microscope plate") -
but knowledge of what 'should have been done' is clearly out of scope.
Considering what DID happen would typically be compared to the known
practice/procedure/workflow/etc - and our provenance model would have
enough information to answer queries to validate that side of the
story.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science