Re: PROV-ISSUE-4: Defining Agent using FOAF's definition

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:14:57 +0100
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
CC: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, public-prov-wg@w3.org
Stian,

Your comment raises a question of scope...

Until now, the general assumption has been that provenance is about things which
have happened (hence the past tense/time debates), rather than what *should*
have happened.  I think the key point is that there is no conditionallity about
provenance.

What you raise, I think, is a use of provenance as part of establishing blame
rather than trust.  I think this is a separate issue that (for the time being at
least) we should not dig into.

#g