Re: IVPT (invariant view or perspective on thing)

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:57:30 +0100
To: Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>
CC: Daniel Garijo <dgarijo@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Paul,

"Snapshot" has other implications that I'm uncomfortable with.  My hope is that
when we've better common understanding of the scope, either we won't actually
need a special term, or an appropriate term will suggest itself.

Example:  I'm not sure I'd regard a brand mark on a cow as a "snapshot", but I'd
expect it to be invariant for the life of the animal - in that sense an "IVPT".

(Actually I was thinking of a real project proposal involving zebra stripes for
my example, but that would take too much explanation.)

#g