RE: PROV-ISSUE-1: a proposal to vote on

From: Corsar, David <dcorsar@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:51:14 +0100
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
+1

David

From: public-prov-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-prov-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Luc Moreau
Sent: 06 June 2011 09:23
To: Provenance Working Group WG
Subject: PROV-ISSUE-1: a proposal to vote on

Dear all,

You will recall we failed to reach consensus on the following proposal at the last teleconference:
 "in a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us to express the provenance
of a thing that does not change".  Kai, Jim and Satya then expressed concerns, which can be
summarized as, this proposal provides no route to handle mutable things.

After a long email discussion with them over the WE, we have converged towards a better
proposal:

In a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us to express the provenance of
an invariant view or perspective on a thing.

What is important to note is that it is the view/perspective that does not change, the thing
itself can be mutable.

To allow us to progress, can you express by +1/-1/0 your support for this proposal?

Best regards,

Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:l..moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>

The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013683..