PROV-ISSUE-1: a proposal to vote on

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:22:30 +0100
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

Dear all,

You will recall we failed to reach consensus on the following proposal
at the last teleconference:
  "in a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us
to express the provenance
of a thing that does not change".  Kai, Jim and Satya then expressed
concerns, which can be
summarized as, this proposal provides no route to handle mutable things.

After a long email discussion with them over the WE, we have converged
towards a better
proposal:

/In a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us to
express the provenance of
an invariant view or perspective on a thing./

What is important to note is that it is the view/perspective that does
not change, the thing
itself can be mutable.

To allow us to progress, can you express by +1/-1/0 your support for
this proposal?

Best regards,