RE: PROV-ISSUE-1: a proposal to vote on

From: Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:38:06 -0400
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
+1

From: public-prov-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-prov-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Luc Moreau
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 4:23 AM
To: Provenance Working Group WG
Subject: PROV-ISSUE-1: a proposal to vote on

Dear all,

You will recall we failed to reach consensus on the following proposal
at the last teleconference:
 "in a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us to
express the provenance
of a thing that does not change".  Kai, Jim and Satya then expressed
concerns, which can be
summarized as, this proposal provides no route to handle mutable things.

After a long email discussion with them over the WE, we have converged
towards a better
proposal:

In a first instance, to define the necessary concepts that allow us to
express the provenance of
an invariant view or perspective on a thing.

What is important to note is that it is the view/perspective that does
not change, the thing
itself can be mutable.

To allow us to progress, can you express by +1/-1/0 your support for
this proposal?

Best regards,