Re: PROV-ISSUE-40 (recommended-roles): Roles should not be SHOULD and not MUST [Conceptual Model]

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:30:14 +0100
To: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
CC: "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

It would be good to have advise on the choice MUST/SHOULD.

I would have thought that to promote interoperability we should go for
the stronger requirements,
when possible.

I can turn your comment around. I'm missing a justification for a SHOULD
here.

Luc

PS. I don't think it's a hack to have unspecified role. Mandating a role
guarantees a uniform data structure.
     It facilitates the writing of queries/searches.  I guess that's my
justification for MUST.