Re: simon:entity (or Identifiable)

Hi Ryan,

Over the last two weeks, there has been a gradual confusion about terms.

To me, "stuff" and "activity" were not concepts we were trying to define.
We were stating that there are stuffs and activities in the world.
These words had to be understood with their informal/natural language
meaning.

When defining PIL concepts, we were then using these terms.
For instance, a process execution is an activity.

This had plenty of advantages for explaining the concepts,
and how to use them with respect to the world.

Given this, I am saying it is not right to say we should conflate
   stuff and thing (or f2f1:entity and f2f1:bob)
since the former was intended to be a normal word we use in natural
language, and the latter was intended to be a concept we define.

In other words, in a spec, I was expecting "stuff" to be in normal font,
whereas "thing" would have been in bold/typewriter, or written pil:thing.
For instance, a <bold>ProcessExecution</bold> is an activity.

Simon got away with it, by replacing stuff/f2f1:entity by the word
"anything".

Ryan, you are avoiding it, because you use "that" instead.  (BTW, your
text uses the term thing too! informally!)

It makes explanations very difficult when we don't have a word such as
stuff,
especially when we want to say that there are multiple perspectives over
a same
stuff. This is why both the words pil:thing and stuff were used in the
definition of IVP of.

I am all in favour of simplifying definitions, but your proposal is
preventing us from using an English word, which is very convenient to have
when defining or explaining or concepts.

In the meantime, until we gain an understanding of all our concepts,
I propose we keep on using the term stuff (or f2f1:entity) in our
explanations.

Regards,
Luc