From: public-prov-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-prov-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Stephan Zednik
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:29 AM
To: Luc Moreau
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Bobs, IVP and time intervals

On Jul 14, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

Hi Stephan and Stephen

It's a good point that we need to capture.

So, "Luc in Boston" may correspond to many time intervals, corresponding
to my various trips to Boston.

We indicated the properties are not intended to be complete, and here,
this set of properties "Luc in Boston" does not identify which precise
visit we refer to.

However, each instance of Luc in Boston will have its own identity.
Do we share this view?

Yes.  Lets bring up an example scenario so we have something more visual
to talk about :-)

I've been thinking of what we called bob at the F2F1 as applying to a
continuous time interval which is a subset of the referenced entity's
continuous time interval for which some contextully-important mutable
characteristics of the referenced entity are held to immutable.

Exists--------------------------------------------------------|

|<----- A OwnedBy Person B--->O<---A OwnedBy Person C------>O<---A
OwnedBy Person D--->|

O is a ProcessExecution by which ownership of Physical Object A changes.
Agents involved in the ProcessExecution may include the selling and
buying Agents.

In my simple diagram above, Person D could sell Object A back to Person
B at some point in time, and the two bobs that represent "A OwnedBy
Person B" would have their own identity because represent different time
intervals.

--Stephan

Regards,
Luc