Connection to semantic news group

From: Simon Miles <simon.miles@kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:47:09 +0100
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hello,

I will be meeting some people from the Press Association (and
hopefully also the BBC) in a few weeks for a chat about provenance,
particularly from the view of veracity of information obtained by
journalists. At least one of them, Jarred McGinnis, is part of the W3C
Semantic News Community Group [1], which (as I understand) is starting
to define ontologies for news feed entities, best practices for linked
open data in news, etc. Jarred seems keen to make connections with our
WG.

I haven't kept up in the detail I should have with the Connection TF,
so I'm not sure if we already have a contact with this group. If there
are particular possibilities the WG would like me to pursue beyond
encouraging them to take notice of the WG's work, please let me know.
I see Jarred fairly regularly, as he setting up other collaborations
with my research group, so there's no particular deadline.

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/semnews/

Thanks,
Simon

--