RE: ISSUE-28: We need a mechanism to assert two entity states refer to the same entity

From: Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:43:22 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Not being at the meeting (wish I could be!), it is not clear whether this represents a shift in thinking about things and invariant views or perspectives on things or not. I think a critical aspect of going away from the word state was that I don't think we are talking about states - a file is not a state of a document whereas it could be a view/perspective of a document, e.g. something in a different ontology that shares state/real stuff with the first thing. Does this issue represent a shift back towards a model based on states? Or is it just shorthand for needing to describe when two things are views/perspectives of something?

 Jim