Introduction + Comments on Concepts

Folks -

At Sandro's suggestion (as in the case of Ryan), I'm in charge of the technical
aspects of Governance, Risk, and Compliance products at Oracle and run
engineering.  Ryan has provided a good description of the products.  We have
been coming up to speed for the past 2 weeks, communicating with Paul only.  The
following are some comments I exchanged with Paul that I'm now sharing with the
broader team at his suggestion -

   1. Comments on For what it's worth, "Recipe" seems to be over-abstraction
      from a new-comer's perspective (I agree with Satya here -
      http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ConceptRecipeLink#Definition_by_Satya)
   2. I suggest that there is a distinction made between "System Agent" and
      "Human Agent" in http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ConceptAgent since this
      may be a prevalent case.  I'm aware of UML extensions, for example, that
      this distinction was made and was very useful.  In the case of provenance,
      there may be automated programs that are linked to  processes per
      description of the model insofar without direct human interaction.  This
      can be quite crucial as the trust models for system agent versus human
      agents can be quite different and provenance applications need strong
      trust models (to our experience from a vendor's perspective) Reference
      examples -
          * http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azouk.com%2F179447%2Fno-title%2Fopen&rct=j&q=UML%20Nunes%20extension%20%22System%20Actor%22&ei=UyoJTofGL-ja0QGqtKx0&usg=AFQjCNEf0TNStqdsjtdrnM7DYEV-V4qbIg&cad=rja
          * http://books.google.com/books?id=Vl1H266pOVEC&pg=PA385&lpg=PA385&dq=UML+Nunes+extension&source=bl&ots=RDQgUOQ5VV&sig=2Ac8UbIhexB3a80DR8QN0DW2slY&hl=en&ei=PioJTvzEFKnt0gGX9oiiAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAA
   3. I suggest that Role is defined as a link to RBAC
      (http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/rbac/) or perhaps some other security
      standard by an independent body similar to NIST?
   4. As we intend to be an active implementer (pending the proceedings of
      course) with the products that I manage (GRC, in particular the Controls
      Suite), what is the process to become involved in the implementation task
      force?

Regards.

*Reza B'Far, EE, PE*
Phone: 1.949.623.0452