From: lewis john mcgibbney<mailto:lewismc@apache.org>
Sent: 31 August 2017 15:15
To: public-prov-comments@w3.org<mailto:public-prov-comments@w3.org>
Subject: Alignment between prov-o and SWEET

Hi Folks,
We recently open sourced and transitioned the SWEET Ontology suite [0] from NASA JPL over to the ESIP Federation [1] and have renewed the interest in the resource from within ESIP and further afield. I'm currently spearheading an effort to bring SWEET up-to-date with a wide variety of advances in ontologies such as the excellent work undertaken by this WG on prov-o.
Right now I am working on aligning SWEET with prov-o and would really appreciate input/peer review from this WG on alignment accuracy and extent. So far initial discussion can be seen at [2].
I propose to use the Alignment API software [3] developed by INRIA Rhône-Alpes, France to determine basic alignments. My choice of alignment software was determined by reviewing a larger list of ontology matching software [4] and making a judgement about software usability in order to determine instances of owl:equivalentClass.
As you can see, very little work has been done. I am therefore looking to extend alignments in any way, shape or form which is accurate and factually correct. If you are able to provide input on wherever else I may be missing additional alignments, please comment at [2].
Thank you kindly in advance,
Lewis

[0] https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet

[1] http://esipfed.org