Re: strategies for getting more eyes on new standards

On Tue, 03 May 2016 01:40:26 +0100, Nick Doty
<npdoty@ischool.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> +1, I think it's useful to get feedback on the questionnaire/related
> tools by asking groups to use them and then getting their feedback
> explicitly or just seeing which parts are working and which aren't.
>
> Joe had also suggested that we have some time on an upcoming call to
> talk about recruitment of participants. It might be that our group and
> tools is far enough along now that we can make a more concerted effort
> to having a cohort that can take turn conducting privacy reviews.

I don't think we're very far along, to be honest. But maybe we can recruit
people who are interested in helping us move the tools we have a bit
further forward.

Essentially we need to think hard about what we can do that makes it
valuable for people to participate in the work.

> Perhaps W3C Team can help us with making explicit requests to some of
> the larger members to see if they have people that could take a turn in
> a rotation to help with privacy reviews.

I suspect that's not a very productive approach. Big members often have
big security needs - being bigger targets - which keeps their security
people busy.

cheers