PGP Key ID: 9425a6af 🌎

From: Ambarish S Natu
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎June‎ ‎25‎, ‎2015 ‎9‎:‎18‎ ‎AM
To: public-privacy@w3.org

Hello All,

Please excuse me, if i am being a bit naive here in my comments. ISO/IEC 29100 and ISO/IEC 29101 specify a privacy framework/architecture for ICT systems, which I believe encompasses the work of the W3. Has W3 thought about addressing these aspects of PII as their design principles. I do not see a normative reference to this work done by ISO/IEC.

Regards

Ambarish

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 2:48 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 7:35 , Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> The First Public Working Draft of Geofencing API has been published by the Geolocation WG:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-geofencing-20150604/

> You will see that there is still work to be done on the privacy and security considerations section.
>
> So, here is an opportunity to provide some early guidance.

I don’t want to sound excessively negative, but I have a hard time believing you can design any aspect of this without solving how you are going to handle the very hard privacy considerations.  The mechanics of the design seem a lot simpler, and are likely to be heavily affected.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.

--

Cheers